Wow! This is so exciting! I don’t have to look too far for a reason for gratitude today: it’s for all my readers who think I’m worthy of such awards, like Boarding Pass.
“Liebster” is German for “dearest”, and the awards are a fun way for bloggers to help each other out by cross-promotion. Having just finished my first month of blogging, I’m thrilled to participate.
Here’s how it works:
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog. Thanks, Boarding Pass!
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees. See below.
3. Nominate 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. See below.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo. See above.
Here we go!
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
1. I named my first cat Queen Priscilla Elizabeth. Then we took it to the vet and found out it was a male.
2. My senior year of college I decided to take 21 upper division credits. I think all the Red Bull I drank nearly killed me.
3. I decided I would move to Montana when I was 12 years old, came here for a wedding, and fell in love with the mountains.
4. Cheesecake. I will do anything for it.
5. I used to say I hated poetry. Well, that’s changed (see last three posts).
6. I also used to say I hated coffee. Again, see previous posts.
7. Pure Barre is my most recent obsession.
8. When I lived in Spain, I used to try to convince Spaniards that I was from Russia, France, anywhere that wasn’t English speaking. One time I convinced a guy I was French, and he began speaking French to me. I only answered, “Oui, oui,” to everything, as that’s the extent of my French language skills.
9. I usually spend an entire year planning a trip, because I love the anticipation so much.
10. My husband and I recently bought a Toyota Tundra, which makes me feel guilty due to its gas-guzzling nature, but I secretly love how giant it is.
11. I treat my dog, Bailey, as though he were my child. He gets stockings from Santa at Christmas, gets put in time-out if he’s naughty, and is regularly puppy sat by my mom.
11 QUESTIONS FROM BOARDING PASS
1. What’s your favorite thing about your hometown or where you currently live?
My favorite thing about my hometown is how unpretentious it is. Social status means zip there.
2. If you had to pick your last meal, what would it include?
It would include cheesecake (see above), chicken parmigiana, Caesar salad, sourdough bread, and a delicious pinot noir. Then I would probably just go into a food coma if I managed to eat all of that.
3. What’s the one item you can’t live without while on vacation?
Tough one! Hiking shoes.
4. Do you have a funny or embarrassing travel story when something didn’t go according to plans?
Oh I’m sure I do. Let me think on this one… When my parents were visiting me in Spain, we went to Sevilla where they speak a very hard to understand dialect. As my parents speak very little Spanish, I took the lead in making all our travel arrangements. However, when we got to the train station, the man could have been speaking Greek for all I could understand him. So I said (in Spanish), “Okay, great thanks, yeah, bye.” My dad looked at me and said, “So we’re all set?” I replied, “Let’s see if we can get tickets online.”
5. What’s your favorite movie?
Love Actually, hands down.
6. Do you prefer the window, aisle or center seat on an airplane?
Window seat, please!
7. What one famous person, living or deceased, would you like to have dinner with?
8. How do you take your coffee?
In the form of an 8oz double shot latte.
9. What’s your favorite site, monument or place you’ve ever visited?
Ireland. All of it.
10. If you could teleport to any place in any era, where and when would it be?
The Elizabethan era in England. I would have loved to watch a Shakespeare play with, well, Shakespeare.
11. What’s the best travel advice you’ve ever gotten or could give someone?
Plan your trip well, but leave room for surprises!
MY 11 QUESTIONS
1. At age 8, what did you want to be when you grew up?
2. Are you what you wanted to be at age 8?
3. Favorite piece of art in your home–describe, please!
4. Who or what encouraged you to start blogging?
5. What is the best meal you’ve ever cooked?
6. If someone came up to you tomorrow and said, “Here’s a plane ticket to wherever you want to go for the next month.” where would you go?
7. What is the best poem you’ve ever read?
8. When was the last time you stepped outside your comfort zone, and how did you do so?
9. If you had to live without coffee or wine, which would it be?
10. What is your favorite article of clothing you own, and why?
11. How do you relieve stress?